Insurance is the most important investment of our life and one need to have the best policy from a best insurance company. This article listed the 6 best insurance companies of India you need to know before investing.
1. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC): LIC of India is one of the largest Insurance Company in India founded in 1956. LIC is an Indian state-owned insurance group the Headquarter of which is located in Mumbai, India. LIC offers its customers insurance plans, special plans, pension plans and group schemes.
2. SBI Life Insurance Company Limited: It is a joint venture between Life Insurance Company and State Bank of India (SBI) & BNP Paribas Assurance. In this venture, SBI owns 74% & BNP Paribas Assurance owns 26% of the Capital. Founded in March 2001 & Headquarter is in Mumbai, India. SBI Life Insurance offers Life Insurance plans & Pension Plans.
3. Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Limited (BSLI): It is also a joint venture between the Aditya Birla Group & the Sun Life Financial Inc. Established in 2000 and has approximately 1,33,000 active employees. The company is more than ten years old and present value is 21063 Crores.
4. Reliance Life Insurance Company (RLIC): It is a part of Reliance Group which is India’s largest private sector financial services company. Founded in 2001 & Headquarter is in Navi Mumbai, India. It offers Individual and Group Insurance Plans.
5. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance: It is also a joint venture between ICICI Bank and Prudential Plc, which is an international leading financial services group. It is headquartered in the United Kingdom. It established in the year of 2000. The company has approx. 16000 employees and over 940 branches.
6. TATA AIG Life Insurance: It is a joint venture between the Tata Group and American International Group (AIG). The partnership ratio is Tata Groups hold 74 % and AIG hold 26%. Founded in the year of 2001.